Thursday, July 14, 2011

On the work front...

It seems the prayers are slowly being answered... Something is working out for me.. There is a new project coming up. My name is considered for it. I am meeting up all the managers. Giving them assurances that I am ready to take it up, even though its a completely new domain for me. The timings will again be a little odd since they want us to work in the UK hours. As long as I get my good night's sleep, I am ok with it. I understand there is going to be a lot of stress. Its an application maintenance service after all. The boring life that I was leading till now, hopefully, will come to an end. Meetings, deadlines, pressure, client calls, team tantrums all will return, but I am ready to take it on. After all, this is my bread and butter. I am getting rusted doing nothing. Its crazy to come to office on time, sit idle the whole day, thinking what to do, read.. How much of work related stuff can you read, specially when you dont know where will you land up..

I shall try my best to stick on to it for a long time now. Dont want to end up in a pool yet again. I also hope that the project stays on, otherwise I will have to move on. I am seriously contemplating that option as well. I am known to stick to a place since I dont believe in moving around frequently. Makes me uncomfortable, big time.. I give enough time before I decide to move on. So here I am, hoping, praying and wishing that this project works out for me...

Keeping my fingers crossed.

3 comments:

D said...

Hi! Glad to hear things are working out for you... By the way, how was your mom's Lucknow visit?

Psych Babbler™ said...

Fingers crossed it all works out the way you want it to Soul. Take care...

Sid the Gnome said...

New experiences, huh? Scary but exciting at the same time. I hope it works out for you. Best of luck.