Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sleeplessness(again)!!!

I am in this phase of being sleep deprived.. The past few days have been taxing on me; personally, professionally, emotionally, mentally.. I hit the bed between 10-10:30 pm, to have full 8 hours of rested sleep.. But then its not the quality sleep that I get..

I wake up in the middle of the night, startled.. Then I keep thinking, what was it that I dreamt about. Is it the worry that is constantly on my mind, which is keeping me away from a sound sleep? Do I worry too much about everything? Yesterday, a friend remarked : 'Why am I being too harsh on myself?' I dont know. I think a lot. Is that what makes me insane at times?

My eyes have swollen up. I am not able to eat properly. I would say that I am not able to digest anything. One meal and I am done for the rest of the day. Eating that one meal is a task for me. One moment I will be hungry.. Once I have eaten, I feel like throwing up. I lie awake in the bed for a long long time.. I wake up a number of times in the night. Then I will keep thinking. When I am just about ready to doze off, it will be time to get out of the bed.

There are a lot of people around me, who have noticed my swollen eyes and have commented as well. But I have no answer. I generally dont get this problem, but when I do, its hard to go. I want to sleep, but I cant. The moment I lie down, sleep vanishes. I am already feeling low. I dont want to fall sick. I want my sleep back. I want my peace back..

4 comments:

Rambler said...

may be some warm milk and a warm bath before bed helps..

neha said...

Try these"
A cup of piping hot milk before retiring bed
Put your legs in a bucket of hot water for atleast 15 minutes before retiring to bed
Start meditation and pranayam in the morning or mild exercise.

However, the best is to take your mind of problems for a while . Problem today is gone tomorrow so leave it off !

Dew said...

Eat to your heart's content and go to sleep.

Anonymous said...

for a good sleep, try warm milk with a dash of nutmeg powder. it works like magic. personal experience :)