Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mumbai Rains...

Haji Ali
I went to Mumbai for a couple of days. Gave me the much needed break plus it was good to spend time with the people whom I love.. I got to witness the Mumbai rains after a long long time.. The rain Gods were in full fury as the grey skies had opened up, leashing out incessant rains, soaking each and every inch of Mumbai to the core. I even joked, it looks as if all the Gods above have decided to take their annual shower together in full force... :-)

One full day it rained non-stop, very very heavily. It scared me as well. The sea looked angry, rough and black. I saw the waves crashing along the walls of the compound, as if they are out to take revenge. Everything was washed.. The trees were absolutely green.. Gentle breeze.. I started imagining that there are floods everywhere, roads are blocked, tracks flooded, trains cancelled and I am stuck in Mumbai.. But its just the onset of monsoons.. All the bright umbrellas, raincoats, gum boots, all sorts of rain gear was out.. The feeling of dampness is present in every nook and corner.. Suddenly you feel the urge of a bright sunshine.

It was the perfect weather for having super hot bhajiyas, bread pakoras with some green chutney, a hot brownie with some chocolate sauce and vanilla ice-cream and some hot coffee/tea, if you like.. Personally speaking, I simply sat by the window, soaking in the rain, watching Haji Ali getting almost drowned in the black waters of Arabian Sea, reading a book. If not this, then I would stand by the other window and watch the traffic snarling up and down the Peddar Road. I wondered how people managed to get out in this really really wet weather, brave the rains and go to work. For all that I had to do there was sleep, eat, read, relax, talk, watch movies or shop if I wanted to..

Its nice to be in Mumbai during this time, if you are a real sucker for monsoons.. I like the rains only when I don’t have to go out. Don’t like the idea of getting wet, though while driving to the station, I did feel like getting out on Marine Drive and taking a walk, dressed up in my capris, flip flops and a camera.. May be some other time, if I happen to make a trip again during this season.

5 comments:

Comfy said...

Oh how I miss Mumbai. I want to be there right now. :'(

Pilot-Pooja said...

lovely capture of Haji Ali!
Must have had a great time!

neha said...

Oh, i like mumbai best when it rains , but not like that in year 2005 when it rained like drowning life and hopes. A stroll in Marine drive with rain drops pouring on your face and a huge sea thudnring with anger just takes all the stress away .

BleSSed said...

Hey like your post. Hope you don't mind if we took it for DNA's Around The Blog page. Let me know at dna.blessy@gmail.com :)

Soulmate said...

@Blessed - Thanks a lot for showing the interest... surely you can take it, as long as correct attributes are given. Also please do let me know the DNA page as well, where it shall be linked to.. :-))