Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Of tall glasses of Cold Coffee....

Sometime back I wrote about how much I love milk.. I still do.. But given the fact that my digestion has become weak or some buri nazar by someone, I cant have milk everyday now... Though I love milk in its white form only, the only other thing that I can have is coffee and that also if its cold.. Give me a glass of good cold coffee in the morning, and I can happily pass off the whole morning without eating anything else...

So when I had cold coffee last weekend after a long long time, you can imagine the smile on my face.. I love cold coffee to bits. But it has to be made my way... There should be no cream in the milk - the biggest pre-requisite for me to have milk in the first place, otherwise I wont even touch it. I absolutely abhor cream.. Secondly the milk has to be totally chilled. The colder the better.. There are times when I have actually put crushed ice in my cold coffee.. Infact cold coffee tastes better if you put some crushed ice in it, before churning it in the mixer.I dont want those ice cubes floating in the coffee. Dont like it. Even the amount of coffee and sugar needs to be right.. I dont like extremely bitter or sweet coffee, though I love dark chocolates and I have a sweet tooth at the same time.. Quite a contrast I am..
The coffee powder should be somewhere around 1/2 teaspoon.. A spoonful of sugar.. Some crushed ice, though not always... Give it 3-4 churns in the mixer.. Please make sure that the sugar dissolves in the milk.. I dont like sugar settled at the bottom of the glass.. My big tall glass of absolutely delicious, drool worthy cold coffee with a big lather on the top is ready to be gobbled down... Take a sip.. Its heaven... Aah!!

When I go to some coffee shop, again its always cold coffee for me.. and I am quite fixed in what I want.. Though I have tried almost everything available on the menu of Cafe Coffee Day, Barista, Costa Coffee, my favourite remains which comes to a normal cold coffee i.e. Iced Eskimo or a Barrista..

and yeah.. I love to lick my lips after having cold coffee.. The same way the kids do it or they show it in the ads.. :-)

Image courtesy : Google.

4 comments:

neha said...

the glass looks so yummmy and m sure this was wat it wud have tasted slurp slurppp :P
Even i love milk and have no qualms abt it ;)

weourlife said...

I love cold coffees too..I used to love those coffee Day's for making those yummy cold coffees..

Psych Babbler™ said...

I love my coffee but mine tends to be bitter. No sugar whatsoever. I do prefer it cold but I think my favourite coffee of all time if the filter kaapi made by mum and a neighbour back in Bombay.

Pepper said...

That looks like some delicious coffee in that glass. Happy to know you're having fun..