Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Crowning Glory..

I love going for hair cut.. Since childhood I have longed for long hair but as gave in to Mom's wish since she wanted me to sport a smart hair cut.. Also she felt that if I had long hair, it would stunt my growth and I would not be tall enough(not that I am very tall even now)... Nevertheless, all this resulted that I loved hair cut sessions..

Ever since I have started working, I decide what kind of hair cut I want.. I have experimented with different styles, lengths.. Layers, Steps, Bob, Deep U, simple U, Deep U with Bangs, Flicks.... But one thing has remained constant.. My hair doesnt grow beyond a certain length i.e. upto mid waist.. After that it stops.. But still its long enough to style it in a way that I want to...

I have always been quite particular about it.. It makes a lot of difference to my personality the kind of hair cut that I sport.. Given that I have almost straight hair with good texture, makes me even more possessive about them.. I love my hair.. Too much of self love.. :-))

A few months back I went for my first hair cut ever since I shifted to Pune to a supposedly very well renowned Hair Dresser's salon of our nation... What a disaster it was.. That man just ran the scissors through my hair, without even thinking about the style, cut, length.. In the end, I was almost in tears.. I almost shouted at him.. I just tied my hair and walked off... Waited patiently for three months to grow my hair to a decent length before I could get a decent cut done again...

This time I went to a different place.. Told them about my previous nightmarish experience.. I asked them very clearly if they know and understand what kind of hair cut would suit me, only then I will allow them to touch my hair, otherwise Thank You Very Much...

The man was the owner himself this time.. He assured me.. I saw him giving a few hair cut to others and quite liked him.. He said that he would do it himself for me.. Eagerly I hopped on to the chair... In the end, he made me look like a Diva.. I am so much in love with my hair cut again.. Its a Deep U with a bit of layer and a few bangs on the sides... It gave me so much of confidence that you cant imagine.. They look bouncy, thicker and above all, they look so nice.. I feel like keeping my hair open even in these hot summers.. I can see those admiring glances all around me.. I just love them way too much right now.. Also it came at a time when I was feeling low.. So I have discovered - When you are feeling low, go for a nice hair cut.. Yay!!!

4 comments:

Titaxy said...

Glad this time around it turned out the way you wanted it to :)

I want a haircut too...but I am too afraid too try anything new "what if it doesnt look good?" I keep telling myself all the time and I end up not going as often as I would like :(

weourlife said...

I too had some terrible hair cuts, glad to hear that you are liking ur new hair cut..This also reminds me to go for a hair cut..

Psych Babbler™ said...

Hehe...nice cure for lifting one's spirits! :) My worst haircut was when I was 11 or 12 and this lady cut one side shorter than the other! It was a nightmare...

payal said...

i'm so want a good haircut ...who's this hair stylist