Friday, February 11, 2011

Bryan Adams and Me


Bryan Adams is rocking the city of Pune while I write this post. Only I know how much I wanted to attend this concert ever since I came to know about it in November.. But as luck would have it, I have missed it yet again!!! :-( My association with Bryan Adams goes back to school days.. He was the first singer whom I was introduced to when I started listening to English songs.. The first song is the obvious one: Everything I do and then Please Forgive Me... I had simply fallen in love with this singer without even seeing him.. I guess my love for guitar also comes from there..

As I grew up, I got more and more hooked to him and his songs.. In every party, me and a friend of mine sang at the top of our voice to his Summer of '69; ofcourse not to forget our dance... I still remember what the client Manager said when I was being released from my first project: 'I had no clue about Bryan Adams and his songs.. But thanks to this lady..Now I know all the songs of Bryan Adams as well as like him..' My playlist always began with his songs... His songs pull a string in my heart.. Who can not get turned on listening to 'Lets make a night' or 'Inside Out' or 'Have you ever really loved a woman' or 'When you love someone'... The list goes on and on and on...

I remember last time when he had come to India, how much I missed going to his concert.. and today again I have missed his show. Though this time I had decided to go for it, but I guess it was not meant for me... May be some other time when the time, space and fate will permit...

2 comments:

indra said...

live shows are just gr8; better than recordings; but it's ok till we acknowledge the fact we are missing it. he is one of those astounding performers :)

Psych Babbler™ said...

Ah...I'm a fan too. I remember wanting to go and see him play in Bombay when I was in college...but we went away for holidays that weekend. :/ Still haven't watched him live but have all his albums and love his songs. And I reckon, he has gotten hotter with age! :D