Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Life in the past one and a half months in points...

- shifted and moved into my own house.. What a horrendous experience it was with the movers & Packers(again!!!)... We were unloading the stuff till 10 in the night. It was not because of any reason that we had a big house and too much stuff.. The packers arrived after the afternoon and then we finally packed, shifted... By the end of the day, I was almost in tears and half dead.. They charged me double the amount than it was agreed upon.. They refused to unload the stuff till I gave them the money in advance. For the first time in my life, I realized if there was even one guy with me, all this would not have happened. I am not even counting the damage that they did to our stuff.. The whole of next day I and Mom were unpacking the boxes alone, without any help... Its been more than a month but still we havent arranged everything properly..

- Numerous visits by electrician, carpenter, plumber, painter, building engineer, curtain walla have kept us on our toes... Everyday something or the other goes wrong and need to be fixed.. So a visit by one of the service providers.. Its been a nightmare, I tell you.. I am longing for a weekend when I can just relax, without any visit from anyone, without having to visit anyone.. On top of it, we had no maid till the beginning of this month..

- A quick trip to Mumbai in between for 3 days to attend a cousin's wedding. The weather was horrible.. It was humid and it sucked.. I was sweaty, sticky and looked like an oily paratha ... On top of it, there was a reaction on my face, post a visit to the parlour.. Lack of sleep and not enough rest made sure that Mom was unwell post the trip. She had developed mouth ulcer and could not even drink water, forget about eating anything.

- Not sure about the project on work front, till now. I am doing few things, but nothing concrete as such.. Have been dragged into something totally new, about which I have no clue. I am reading stuff from whatever sources I could manage, with limited access to web in office..

- No internet connection for more than a month ensured that I did not reply to emails, messages, no updates on blog.. Friends who did not know about my moving to Pune, have been trying to contact me through FB, but I could not reply to them.. Limited access to web in office and no time at all on any weekend to go and search for a nearest cyber cafe..

- In between all this mayhem, my birthday also came and went just like any other day.. I had thought of going out for dinner with Mom, but then her health did not permit us.

It has been a crazy month for us.. Still we have to arrange our stuff.. My poor cupboard is begging for attention and I am royally ignoring it. I have simply dumped stuff wherever it is meant to be... The real challenge arrives when we need something.. We know its there in the house, but where is it - thats the big question... In between all this, I sometimes sit back and look around... All this is mine.. Its MY house.. Ofcourse there is a big home loan on my head now, but that is a part of it.. No girl, rather no one in our family had bought a house at such young age... I am getting all praises from people around me. Like one of my cousin told me : 'Take it in. Its very seldom that people praise you.' I agree and graciously accepted all the compliments.. :-) Still working on turning the house into a home..

5 comments:

Titaxy said...

belated bday wishes :)

and wish you the very best in the new house :)

BlueMist said...

Congrats. I could almost relate with the mayhem. :-|

Pilot-Pooja said...

Many many belated happy returns of the day Soulmate dear!
You are really an inspiration for me with such a great achievement at such a young age!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Psych Babbler™ said...

Congrats on the house purchase...moving is always difficult but I cannot believe the movers took advantage like that. Belated b'day wishes too...