Friday, July 16, 2010

Pune

From where do I start about this place.. Do I love it or not? I still dont know. I came to this city for the first time in Sep 2000. I came here for an interview and got selected. Though I had my own apprehensions about staying here and joining the job, still I took it up.. I had initial problems of adjusting to the city but I sailed through. I spent 5 years in the city. Still I was alien to this place. The only places that I could identify with were MG Road, Koregaon Park and my place of work. Nothing more, nothing less. I visited a number of eating joints, pubs, discs, lounges and had a great party time, most of the times. I never dared to venture out in the old part of Pune. May be I was scared of all marathi speaking junta here.. I loved the weather of Pune. Just three months of summer and the rest of the year it was pleasant enough, but I missed the winters of Dehra Dun. I missed the cuckoo's song in the early morning. Still the city gave me a lot of confidence. It taught me that I can stay alone. I can plan my vacations. I took my first trip abroad from here.. I made some absolutely wonderful friends-for-life here. Yet I missed North India. I wanted to go back someday.. and it happened.

When I left Pune in 2005 after spending a good 5 years, I was extremely happy. I had decided that I shall never be back to this city. I will be closer to Doon and I shall be happy there. But I guess life had some other plans for me. I am back here after spending more than 4-1/2 years in NCR. My first reaction after coming here was : What a lovely weather. From humid, scorching heat of 45 degrees in NCR to 22 degrees of Pune. Wow.. The weather is at its best. Its windy and cloudy most of the times, these days. But its nice. I am still trying to figure out the places around. Discover some good new eating joints. Getting in touch with some very close old friends, who are my saviours here. I tasted a lot of street food.. Driving on my two wheeler again after ages.. The poor car is resting though I do plan to use it occasionally.

I may be taking up a place of my own here.. I am being pushed, advised a lot about it. I know its high time that I move out of rented house and get done and dusted with the tantrums of brokers/landlords.. I dont know where I shall be tomorrow but yes, a house can be bought. I am almost mentally prepared for it. Hope things go well from here onwards.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back :)

rohan gupta said...

pune is a nice place 2 liv/work in.
welcome dear

unsungpsalm said...

Ohh, buying a house! That's just awesome :-) All the very best!

Varsha said...

Good to hear that you are in Pune now. I always read you. Probably, now I would get to meet a blogger friend. :)

You shifted just now. In case you need any help, do not hesitate to contact me or leave a message.

wish you happy days ahead

Soulmate said...

@all : Thanks for the wishes. Now that the internet has been set up, I shall try to be as regular as possible. and I am up to meet anytime... :-)