Thursday, July 15, 2010

Back to the world...

After a long hiatus of a month, I am still trying to get back to the real world.. Last one month has been absolutely crazy with number of activities happening in my life. A trip to Pune, back to NCR, packing, shifting, papers, reaching Mumbai, then to Pune.. Shifting, crazy calls with the movers & packers, arguments with the landlord, broker, joining a new job, getting a new phone connection has left me practically with no energy at all.. The house is still not fully set up.. I still dont have internet connection at home.. I still dont have any project allocated to me yet. My previous landlord has not returned my deposit till now. The present landlord is giving me a problem already... The movers & packers have not settled the claim and they dont seem to be in a mood to do so... Aggarwal movers and packers is what I selected, thinking that they would be the best since its a 'brand'... But I had the most horrifying experience with them.. None of them were ready to deliver my stuff till the last day.. I had made endless phone calls, numerous requests but all in vain.. I would never ever recommend their name to anyone again. On top of it, they were the most rude and absolutely unprofessional people with no basic etiquettes on how to even talk to a lady..

I am still trying to figure out how to get the internet connection set up since most of them seem to have run out of available connections.. I dont have the cable TV connection, which I am ok with. Dont even watch TV as such.. The house is nice and huge but the society has its own weird rules. No bachelors allowed in the society. The parents cannot be away for a long time. I wanted to ask: What if a bachelor buys a house in that society.. There is no logic behind their rule.. The marathi maids have their own tantrums. Nobody wants to come twice in a day to do the dishes. The price that they ask is horrendous. But I still feel that I took the right decision to move on. I can already see some good things on their way. I guess I expected no issues while shifting, while they exist everywhere.. I am still settling in and hope things get better after some time.

2 comments:

unsungpsalm said...

Sigh, Bachelors are so highly discriminated everywhere :-S

Maybe 5 years from now, I'll ask you the name of this society just so that I can buy an apartment there and yell "Ha!" at them!

Pilot-Pooja said...

All posts well written; wish you good luck in Pune (re)discovery