Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Blog World

Sometimes I wonder why do I write here. What does this blog gives me that I devote so much of my time to it. The answer is whenever I am in need to find someone who can listen to me, without being judgmental I find my blog. Writing here gives me peace. Its a place where I can give a vent to my feelings and I shall be heard patiently.

When I started writing here, I had no clue why. Its just that I wanted to write. I used to write diary at one point of time but gave away with it. Initially, I hardly read any blogs.. Even if I did, I did not comment on anyone's post, lest they dont like it. Even if I did, I did not leave my blog's link behind. I had no reason for it, but its just that I did not leave the link to my blog. Slowly when reading/writing became more frequent, I left the link to my blog. May be I did not want others to know about my blog. But then I realized that I write for myself and not anyone else. How does it make a difference as to what people think of my blog/my writing. I write about my life, my feelings, my emotions, my travels, my experiences. It has got nothing to do with anyone.

What I realized later was, people in the internet world are quite receptive. Yes, I did receive some odd/unethical/rude comments which forced me to put the comment moderation 'on'. At the same time, I found a lot of people who could relate to or atleast understand what I am saying. I did not expect anything from them still I felt the support from them. Some people have written such beautiful, comforting words without even knowing me that I am filled with gratitude. Its a kind of unseen friendship and I like it. I am sure I am not going to meet these people ever in my life. Still their comforting words are good to read. Sometimes they act like a balm on my bruises and it gives me relief.

Tomorrow it may happen that no one will understand me on this forum as well, still it will be fine with me. I shall still write for myself.. Still write what I feel. I dont care what others think of me when I write about my feelings, emotions, experiences. After all this is my space and I have the right to use it the way I want to.

6 comments:

Titaxy said...

It is just wonderful to find some nice supportive people around here, yea? But even otherwise, I think I write for myself too...it's mostly just about putting my thoughts down for my own sake :)

shuunya said...

It seems you've provided an answer to the question you posed at my blog in the comments here

And I am glad that you write for yourself. One needs somethings for one's own self, regardless of how anyone feels about it.

ani_aset said...

keep writing for self mate :)and we love what you are writing here

Anonymous said...

Expressing helps :) Blogging or any other form. The beauty of writing into a blog page is that it's not even about holding anybody in a captive audience. Whoever wants to read (or listen) will. I hit your blog for the first time on a search and was all ears. - Keep it up :)

dropzofjupiter said...

Hey -my sentiments exactly! the best part is the fact that u somehow become more honest with urself..!!!

unsungpsalm said...

One of the best things about blogging is how other people help you to understand yourself better, at times..

Hope that comes to be true for you too, in the future...