Thursday, March 11, 2010

Birthday Pet

Today is your 13th birthday. How I wish you were with me today. I would have showered all my love on you. We could have spent the day together. Your treat would have been to play in the garden all day along, eat bread and milk and a nice bath in the sun. You would have been allowed to have a biscuit or two as well.. Nobody would have said anything to you. I would have thrown a party for you like always. You would have looked the best just like always.. The darling of all, the most adorable one, the most lovable one, the most beautiful one..

I still remember your drooling eyes which had only love for me. I still remember how you wanted to play with me, first thing in the morning. If I ever missed that, you would be angry with me whole day. How you loved to sit in the winter sun with me under my chair. How you loved to eat oranges with me. Infact you loved to eat all the fruits. How you sat outside the kitchen staring at Mom when you were hungry. How you used to get angry with Mom, when she scolded anyone of us.. I remember you always wanted warm roti. You never liked cold chapatis. Milk was always your favourite. I remember when I didnt want to have milk, I used to give it you and you loved it. You gave me unconditional love, no matter what. Whenever I came from outside, how you used to love me.. You loved running with me around the house, in the garden.. Whenever I watered the plants, how you used to hide in those plants or play with mud..

Even after playing you knew how to clean yourself.. Infact you were always clean.. You were scared to go in the car.. You preferred to walk rather than go on a drive.. You never liked closed spaces.. In summers you would sit next to Nanaji's chair under the fan.. That was your favourite place.. You always slept upside down.. That was your favourite posture.. You loved it when I brushed your coat... Whosoever came to the house, you greeted everyone with love.. May be thats the reason why you were everyone's darling.. Nobody could hold himself back from falling in love with you.. You were my little angel who was always there to listen to me when I wanted someone to just listen to me.. I miss you.. Happy Birthday Snoopy.. Love you a lot..

6 comments:

comfortablynam said...

Aww..happy b'day Snoopy.. :)

ani_aset said...

aww wheres snoopy?

Pilot-Pooja said...

very sweet post!

DiDo said...

aww happy bday to him :(

unsungpsalm said...

It would've been unfair to expect Snoopy to live to a human 91, but I think Snoopy would've wanted grandchildren, no? Even if not biologically his own... To take care of and to be taken care of by you...
Consider, consider.

Soulmate said...

Snoopy was not 'he' but 'she'.. not sure where she is now, but I can only hope good for her..