Thursday, February 11, 2010

The effects teachers have!!!

Few days back, I was feeling very low.. Yes, there were reasons behind it but I had no control over them, nor my heart which was crying.. The tears refused to stop, no matter how much I tried. I guess, the glands are still active negating my thinking that they have dried up. I was sitting alone and didnt know what to do.. At that time, I only needed a person whom I could talk to. Instantly I dialed Mam's number. Few minutes of chatting with her and I felt so light and at peace. I did not tell her about any problem, but talking to her gave me peace. The heart breaking feelings are still there, but that day she made me feel so much better.

She never taught me in the school. Infact I joined this school much later. She is a junior school teacher. Never even saw her in the school, though I knew about her. I never interacted with her. She never knew me all the while I was a student, but destiny brought us together. A lost-in-touch friend of mine, who was her student, introduced me to her. I developed an instant liking to her. I knew her as a brave woman. I had always admired her even before meeting her. May be because I was aware about her hardships in life, which were very similar to Mom's...

But whatever be the case, I started sharing with her everything. First time when we met, it didnt seem like the first time. It was, as if we knew each other since long. I still remember the lovely lunch that she cooked for me. She gives me all her love and affection unconditionally. She listens to me. She guides me. She lets me be just me. She advises me. She understands me. She gives me the freedom to think. She supports me. Whenever I go to Doon, meeting her is always on my agenda. I feel guilty/sad if I am not able to meet her, while I am there. Sometimes I wonder what I did to get so much love from her. At a time, when I was getting all the pressure to get married unconvincingly, she was even ready to talk to my family.

Now also, I know if I am restless or bothered, whom do I have to turn to. I feel secured in her company. She has some amazing way to sense my restlessness. She will not say anything specifically but still she will put me to rest.. She is my savior. I truly feel blessed to have her in my life. I love you, Mam..

6 comments:

D said...

:) We connect with some people at a level than seems to transgress worldly logic. Which is why I believe in past life connections!

How do we know said...

and you are lukcy to have her too.. Congratulations!

Miss M said...

You are really lucky to have found a good friend in a teacher. :)

I think such relationships go a really long way.

paulgermana said...

You are a fascinating writer. Such a nice little story about your life, your emotions and your delicate, yet immanent hope. I love how life seems so tragic and then that tragedy becomes the very hope we sought to escape. Even death is not at all tragic. It is the perfect rest. I opted to receive follow up comments here. Nice job Soulmate :)

unsungpsalm said...

Wow, methinks you have some courage... I'm extremely uncomfortable around people of authority!

But you're very lucky to have her obviously... Friendship knows no boundaries, quite like love...

ani_aset said...

i can understand the feeling..i still miss my teachers with whom i have tried to keep in touch for long :)