Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Mussoorie Craving

I went to my hometown around 10 days back for some urgent work.. I could not have a real vacation, no matter how much I wanted to have.. The trip was just a weekend one and quite a hectic one. But this time and also during last few trips, there has been a urge inside me to visit the 'Queen of Hills' - Mussoorie, every time I go to Dehra Dun... I am surprised at myself for this sudden wanting to go there...

As a child it never lured me.. Infact my last visit to Mussoorie was around 12-13 years back... During my whole life time, I have been there just 5-6 times.. Not more than that.. While people who visited Doon, craved about going to Mussoorie, it never excited me at all.. I was happy sitting in Doon watching those hills from my bedroom window - during summers, during night and during winters after heavy snowfall.. Beyond that nothing.. But now suddenly I have this craving to go to Mussoorie. I want to go there and see what all has changed.. What still remains the same.. I want to walk through the clouds.. want to experience that chill in the air and simply walk aimlessly on its roads...

Its strange and I think I am crazy to have this feeling, but I want to go there.. Who knows, next time when I visit Doon, I might end up being in Mussoorie for a day... Oh, if you ask me about Doon - it was lovely as usual.. Beautiful winter sun and cold evenings... I loved those two hectic days... In between a short trip to Rishikesh happened, again for some urgent work...Here is one of the pic that I clicked in Rishikesh...

2 comments:

ani_aset said...

good atleast some one is having fun :)

unsungpsalm said...

Oh, Mussoorie is a stone throw from Doon! No excuse for not visiting whilst there!