Monday, December 21, 2009

Food, Food, Good food

I look like to be on a good food trip.. But thats how I am... I am a BIG foodie and crave for good food all the time, everytime, everywhere... I can easily figure out what makes a dish delicious and can easily point out the difference between good food and average food.. I may not know all the details of the ingredients or the method of preparing, in short the recipe, but I know what food will be good...

One can put this on the fact that my Mom has been a cookery teacher plus she has been a judge at various cookery contests.. I guess some of the genes have got transferred. I am quite adventurous when it comes to trying different cuisines.. And no I am not just talking about Indian cuisines but international as well. Infact whenever I go out, I love to try something new, specially international..

Most of the people I have come across want to eat the same old boring menu when they go out: Dal Makhani/Kaali Dal/Maa ki dal or whatever it is, naan or tandoori roti, some paneer dish, raita, salad.. I completely abhor this menu, specially Dal Makhani.. I can never ever eat that.. I abhor it to the core.. I would rather go and try something exotic and new.. This is one of the reason that when I travel, I first enquire about the speciaility of the place in terms of food and where I can get it, authentic one... One of the reasons I dont enjoy the popular Chinese food made at most of the places.. It doesnt have that flavour which I look for..

I went to Kerala and had awesome Kerala stuff.. Not even once I had sambhar, idli, dosa, vada - the typical south indian menu that we generally get.. But I had some authentic vegetarian Kerala dish and they were simply delicious. Similar thing happened when I went to Jaipur or Hyderabad or Goa.. If I am simply going out for lunch or dinner here, I will never eat typical Indian food.. I go for something that I had not tried before. In this process, I have had some amazing Continental, Chinese, Italian, Mexican, Israeli, Japanese, South East Asian Food.. Even when I went abroad I tried their local cuisine. I still cant get over the amazing food I had at Annapurna in Malaysia or the Chinese food in Singapore or the scrumptious English Breakfast in UK.. It wasnt at all what I had tasted before and it was simply delicious...

I dont eat to live but I love to eat.. If I come to know about a new restaurant that has opened in the city, I eagerly wait to try their food. Ofcourse, its not always that the food turns out to be good.. I have had bad experiences as well, but that what it takes to differentiate between good food and not so good food.. I think I should be a food guide..

1 comment:

himansugyala said...

Hi

A very pleasurable good evening, Do'nt know how r u, you could be a hard spoken by words, but I can say, you r the one who has got an elegant heart.
Best wishes for a new year and always keep smile on your face...

Himansu