Sunday, September 06, 2009

Me - The Guitarist

So I have been away for a while (again).. I do wish to post regularly since its my blog and I want to and its close to my heart, but!!!

Anyway, the big good thing that happened in the last few days is that I have started learning guitar.. Yes, something about which I blogged a while ago.. Finally, the classes have started and I am loving every bit of it. I bought the new guitar as well. Yamaha C40 to start with.. Its a classical guitar which means it has nylon strings... I love my guitar and the classes are even better.. I am still getting used to the strings, frets, fingers, notes, tabs...

I was given a choice whether I simply want to learn the songs or go the real way of learning music by getting to know about the tabs, notes and then songs.. I chose the second one.. Unless I understand the notes, whats the point of learning just the songs.. But yes, it requires a lot of practice.. My hand is good with the use of fingers, but I still need to get used to plectrum or the pick... My left hand aches since you have press the correct fret and then play the string with the right hand.. A lot of co-ordination and patience is needed.. I am quite slow when I play it but I am happy that atleast I have started what I really wanted to do...

I have always been in awe of people who can play some musical instrument specially guitar.. My teacher has told me not to leave the classes in between which generally happens with most of the students, since they are not able to cope with the patience needed to learn it.. I have started recognising the notes, for how long the note should sustain, when I am supposed to give a rest, half a note and a quarter note.. Wow.. This post is full of guitar lingo which only people familiar with the instrument would understand..

In the interest of the time and keeping in mind my super busy schdule, I have taken up weekend classes. This also makes sure that I am regular and I can adjust the time accordingly... Also I drive down to the music school.. So I get to practice the driving as well.. So much has started happening in the last few months... I guess life is moving on fine as of now.. I hope so..

4 comments:

ani_aset said...

hey nice to know :)
Pass on some tips soon
I cant learn two things at a time i guess

Pilot-Pooja said...

Thats great to hear Soulmate dear!

FC said...

And now I'm in awe of you :)

D said...

It's always nice to take up something new - it breaks the monotony of routines and gives us something new to think about! Also, it's nice to inculcate a hobby - makes you a more interesting person not just for others but also yourself :)