Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No wonder its one of the seven wonders

Yes, finally I made a trip to the Taj Mahal in Agra. A trip that I had been contemplating since a long time finally happened. Having seen it umpteen numbers of times in pictures, I was very keen to watch this beauty with my own eyes.

The weather was at its best. It was a warm winter morning, bright sunshine and a very pleasant weather - perfect to spend the day out. It was a sheer treat to watch Taj Mahal in person. No amount of words can do justice to this man-made wonder. It speaks love of great volume that Shahjahan had for his wife Mumtaz Mahal.

One look at Taj Mahal and you fall in love with it. Even I looked at with wonder. The perfect symmetry makes you think the brains, mastermind, the effort put in to create it. Each and every angle of Taj leaves you in awe of its beauty. The beautiful carvings on marble, the colored stones leave you amazed. I feel so happy to have visited the monument of love. How much the emperor loved his wife, can be imagined by the structure created in her memory. The beautiful gardens outside the Taj Mahal are well maintained with seasonal flowers and neat and clean fountains running.

I had a great time admiring the grandeur of Taj for a long time... Ofcourse, there were a lot of pictures taken from every angle possible... and yes, it truly deserves to be one of the Seven Wonders of the World...

On my way back, I visited Shri Banke Bihari Temple in Vrindavan. The temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna. Situated in the dingy lanes, its quite an ordinary structure from outside. The moment you step inside, you cant help but admire the idol and the way the whole temple is decorated. The temple attracts many tourists from all over... As usual, there was a huge crowd and we really had to push through the way forward.. Honestly speaking, I was a bit scared for my Mom had the crowd gone wild. But I guess, God takes care of his souls. You feel so much at peace once you are inside. The way everyone prays and calls out Krishna makes your heart go out.

I had a good weekend specially the Saturday which was well spent. All decided in just a matter of hours and it worked out very well for me. Given a chance, I would like to go Taj Mahal again and admire it during the night on a full moon night across the river Yamuna.

1 comment:

BlueMist said...

It is somehow does not working for me. it is always on the plan that never materializes. :(
Glad you loved it. I am gonna love it too :)