Monday, January 19, 2009

Army Day

This post should have come up 4 days back on 15 Jan. But nevertheless, better late than never. Today I wished all my fellow friends who are in Army. I wanted to tell them that we recognize their sacrifices, efforts laid in the line of duty to protect us and our nation. I always say: We sleep peacefully, because we know that they are awake.

I have said this time and again that I have a special place for Armed Forces in my heart. I have always wanted to be a part of it. Now that I am not a part of it, I try to get as much knowledge about it as I can. I know getting the knowledge may not help any of the soldiers or officers but that is my way of getting associated with it.

I think about the hardships faced during training, field postings - days, months spent away from family, friends, loved ones in a remote area where getting even normal water is difficult sometimes. Places like Siachen, Ladakh where breathing normally is a problem. There are the places where people once posted, tend to health problems later on. We are sitting in our offices, houses, roaming in the malls... We dont even have an iota of information of what they do for us and our nation.

I know that unless I am a part of the organization, I cannot do much for it. But yes, I remember their sacrifices and have them in my thoughts and prayers. I wish for their safety. I pray for their long life. I wish them happiness. And yes, my salute to them. You are the BEST... My way of acknowledging the difference you make in our lives.

1 comment:

Pilot-Pooja said...

My salute to them too!

For our miseriws are negligible compared to their hard lives!