Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Randomly

Life has been a on roller coaster ride since the past few days. The weekend that just went by was expensive in more than one way. A very close friend has supposedly got engaged - someone who was one of the most eligible bachelor among the crowd. Someone who has a golden heart, who can make you laugh at any time, someone who knows what love and care, is all about. Absolutely adorable and lovable. Well, the news was a shock and a surprise in its own way. I had mixed feelings on hearing the news. I still need sometime to digest the news.

Now the literal part. There was too much of shopping this weekend. Not that anything was planned. It was all on the spur of a moment. The list is elaborate as well as expensive. Whenever there is an upcoming function in the family, it gives more than a reason to we - women to indulge in shopping. There is an engagement function which I have to attend the coming weekend. Not that I wanted to buy anything specifically for it. When I reached the market, I ended up buying a suit reluctantly which was murderously expensive. Another shop - two suits for mom, another shop - a sweater for Mom and one for myself, which is bought just for style and not for warmth, a pair of sandals for mom, a flower vase for the house, some fresh flowers.. all this along with a lunch and a cup of coffee....

I came back in the evening and since I knew that I have spent more than I should have, ended up totaling the amount, for the first time. The amount shocked me beyond imagination... It was more than 11 grands!!! Obviously the most expensive one was my suit... I am thinking whether I should be happy or sad about the expenditure I did on myself... Again mixed feelings and I am unable to decide...

2 comments:

Blossom said...

I know what you mean. I have experienced this kind of sadness it is more of guilt I suppose. But then what the heck we earn to spend right ? *wink*

Neilina said...

I guess you should be happy gurl...cheer-up!