Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My day

31 years ago, I came onto this planet earth on this day - the day was Karthik Purnima according to the Hindu calendar, which also helped my mother to decide my name..

Last year was tough for me, given that I was going through a very bad phase during this time. A lot has changed in this one year. I have become more confident, strong and have built a wall around myself which makes sure that nobody can hurt me. I made a new friend who has become a close friend in a very short span of time. I met a very loving school teacher who means a world to me.

Generally my birthday is just another day with nothing happening. I also dont expect anything to happen on this day. This year it is a working day and for me its just another day.. The moment I reached office, there was a shower of wishes from all over. I was actually surprised that so many people were aware of my birthday and made an effort to wish me. My team members made it all the more special. Even my ex-team members wished me. We went out for lunch. There was a big delicious cake ordered for me. Finally a beautiful bouquet which really touched me. I have never received a bouquet ever from anyone. Though I always thought that may be someday I will also receive a bouquet, whenever I ordered for someone else..

Mom got some good pastry and other delicacies.. She gifted me a lovely sequined purse which I absolutely loved.. All in all it was a good day for me..

2 comments:

B said...

Belated happy wala bday!!
Bdays are strange days because they remind u how far u have come, what u need to achieve and what more is needed to be done in life.
So a day ful of emotional stock taking :)

Neilina said...

Hey, Wish you a very very Happy Birthday! May this b'day brings for you lotzzz of happiness and the best for you.