Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Disappearance

Its been crazy days for me for the past few weeks. With so much pressure on me personally and professionally, life has been a roller coaster ride.. On top of it, there are other problems that keep cropping up. I know life is like that..

A close friend has disappeared from the scene and it worries me. No messages replied, no phone calls answered. Someone who has become very very close in a short span of time. Someone with whom I share everything that is on top of my head.. Someone who understands. Someone who is not biased. Someone who has become an integral part of the life. Suddenly the person disappears from the scene. Not that his whereabouts are not known. But just that the person is not in touch.

I am trying to figure out what has happened. There is a common link between us - our school teacher. A lady though never taught me or has met me, supports me to no end. She is equally upset about this fact. I guess sometimes we are not able to handle too much of an attention from a person or too much of proximity. We need breathing space and thats what we do by carrying ourselves away from one particular person.

Right now, I am not able to handle the absence. I am restless. I am disturbed. I feel miserable. I dont know the reason. I am simply missing my friend. We got in touch through a strange way and the friendship began and was carried on. We got a chance to meet as well. Staying in different cities can be so punishing at times. Why does life brings us to a point where we dont know what to do. We dont know what the other person is thinking. At the same time we are confused ourselves.

I am sure that there is something that has gone wrong. But what is it. The silence kills me. I find it hard to take in. I am praying that the friend bounces back and gets in touch. Its needed.

No comments: