Friday, July 04, 2008

Change is constant

Something that I have learnt over a period of time. Change is the only thing that is constant in this world. I guess change always brings about something good and some new challenges as well...

I manage three clients in my office one of which is Siemens. A very demanding and tough to please client. A client who does not appreciates easily(rather rarely they appreciate) and even a small issue is blown out of proportion... A very high visibility, oldest, complex, challenging and high revenue generating client. They are the ones who will not accept even a slightest difference in what they want. Quality has to be upto the mark everytime. Most of you may think, but this is the same with every client... Aint it... No.. siemens is different... I had the same perception till I worked on it... Its like a atom bomb.. You have to be very careful with it.. Otherwise you never know when will it explode and the consequences have a ripple effect till a long time...

I have taken care of it for the last 2 years like a baby. It has been with me almost ever since I joined this office... Now the time has come to hand over this little atom bomb to another colleague... I have mixed emotions for leaving this client... A part of me is happy while a part of me is sad.. This client taught me a lot... Confidence, self-defense, motivation, challenge, handling issues, escalations... My other clients are not so complex.. Though I am getting a new client in place of this, still I dont want to let go of this...

I know I will not have the capacity to handle all the four clients together, still I want to keep it.. I am in the process of starting the transition. Needless to say, the other person is not very happy to get this.. Infact nobody wants it.. At one point of time, even I didnt want it.. But now I am used to it.. If I dont hear something from the other end, it makes me restless.. I feel something is missing.. Is everything alright or it the lull before the storm... But now the time will change.. I will actually not hear anything from them.. Nothing will come to me.. I shall miss the mails.. The fun that I had in this team.. Our ups and downs.. I am surely going to miss it..Infact I have already started ever since the news came to me...

Hope to find similar challenges as I walk along.. Adieus Siemens!!! I shall miss you...

No comments: