Friday, June 06, 2008

UK Rocks

Yes, I am back... Back to apna Bharat Desh... Came back on Sunday but have been extremely busy catching up with the pending work.

What a trip it has been... A mix of hectic as well as pleasure... I did get to see some new places, catch up with old school,office, close friends, relatives, cousins.... I managed to visit Edinburgh (part of Scotland) as well.. I wanted to see more of Scotland but didnt manage to... Atleast I have this label that I did go to Scotland... UK, as always is fantastic. The weather was not so friendly this time still I loved being there.. It rained sometimes, was cloudy or windy or chilly sometimes. Once in a while it was sunny as well. Still it did not dampen my holiday spirit...

I ate a lot, roamed a lot, travelled a lot, slept very less and most important - spent a lot. The prices have shot up like anything. The amount of money I spent on travelling is unbelievable. Though I have not kept any account of it, still am sure it must be more than the airfare.. But I am happy with it... UK has always fascinated me and this fascination grows with every visit. I wish I could spend more time in London than I did..

I did manage to take a few pics with my new Sony DSC H3 camera, which I bought from there. Did some shopping as usual. This time I had decided not to buy any gifts for anyone except for my family and I managed to stick to it. I had some of the best desserts, ice-creams, chocolates, food in UK... I visited London, Leamington Spa, Cheltenham Spa, Oxford, Edinburgh, Reading, Birmingham... Every day I had a different experience and I did meet a lot of interesting people on my every train journey...

I am not very sure whether I will be able to make a trip to UK again. I guess its too much for me to afford. May be I have to find a job there to satiate my hunger to see more of UK. But whatever said and done, UK rocks.

3 comments:

Pilot-Pooja said...

Hey Soulmate dear, share your UK pics!!

Welcome back..hope you had oodles of fun in the UK visit!

Soulmate said...

UK is always nice.. but somehow I dont feel very comfortable putting up the pics on a site which are accessible to all.. Hope you understand..

B said...

No... u can put the pics of the places u saw, the scenery etc.
Also share ur experiences of the ppl u met-that shud be interesting