Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Disconnected

I have spent more than two years in this office and I still feel like a stranger here. This has never happened with me before. I easily connect with people and can make friends. The office is very different from my previous work place. I dont know why suddenly, I feel more lonely here today. It has been the same ever since I joined this place.

There were turbulent times in the beginning, where I didn’t know the work and still I was expected to do. There was no support, no help, no guidance, no mentoring, no coaching and I handled all the escalations by myself. The work was getting affected so much that I was on the verge of leaving merely after two months of joining this place...

I came out being tough and hard. I stopped taking any non-sense from anyone. I did work according to MY way and yes it did help me to understand and deliver. I realized that whenever I let people do, what they wanted, there were problems always. The team members are young and stubborn and want to work on their own way, without realizing the importance of quality, SLAs, client relationships.

I know people only for work. Sometimes not even that. There are faces, whom I work with, whom I know, whom I recognize and whom I simply see everyday... We are three females who go for lunch everyday and this is ever since we all joined together. If we had not joined together, we would not have known each other. We three are in three different teams. But none of us have been able to find or make any friends. I find people aloof and they like to keep to themselves, or with their own group. Any new person is not welcomed. Nobody cares or bothers about anyone.

I may sound like a total ungrateful person, who is criticizing her work place, but thats the truth.. I am an alien to this place. I think its going to be the same till my last day here...

No comments: