Friday, March 07, 2008

Emotional

Thats what I am!! A hard core emotional. There have been times where I am needed to control my emotions, but I am not able to. Give me a emotional scene to watch or a movie or a book and I get emotional. I am emotional about people - friends, family, kids, Army Officers, situations, circumstances, my country...

I feel bad if something is said about anything or anyone, I am close to. No matter how hard I try, not to be emotional, I do get.. A small scene of a baby sleeping in his mother's lap make me emotional. Its not that my tears start flowing, but I get emotional.. Not the kind of person to hit back, I feel bad and go silent.. Yes, I agree that it gives a feeling to the other person, that he has achieved his motive of hurting me. I do feel many a times, why am I so soft at heart. Why cant I retaliate and answer back. I show a completely different picture when I am at work. I am considered to be someone, who is very strong headed and hard to please. I dont get carried away by the situations here.

But when it comes to my personal life, I am a very soft target. Everytime I decide, that I will not get emotional about anyone or any situation. But still I do get emotional about the situations and I am the only person who gets affected by it. I do wonder often, how people remain so neutral to the situations or is it they know how to suppress their feelings. I need to get over this trait of mine...

5 comments:

Jas said...

Ah.. u named it! And i liked the tags u had for the post: behavior, me. I had been asking the same questions from me. I know in the end it only troubles you as no of people misusing it are higher. But then there is other side, the close friends we make are for life, very strong, very few (though we may be friendly with many). I have learnt there is no right or wrong choice, each has two sets of things linked to it: good and bad; inevitable/obvious and by chance. SO watever you choose, you have to enjoy the goods and bad of it. And then chance is there anyway which springs in unimaginable things!
Anyway, I can say with time, relations you will only become more mature and lesser emotional, though on ur scale only. Thats what my experience says, and if we realise, life becomes easy.
All the best!

Soulmate said...

What I think is that with time, if the bonding grows, there will be more emotions involved.

The Sober Poet said...

Emotions are supposed to be let out in the dungeons(your dark room) in utter silence and solitude and not to be suppressed...U should try to learn to be able to buy time for urself rather than reacting that moment...What say?

Soulmate said...

Perhaps, that can help.. I am very quick to reacting to a situation, which is often at the wrong time, specially when there are emotions involved. I want to stay neutral but!!!

pilot-pooja said...

Very true..Dont react fast..Thats the best remedy time has taught me so far!