Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Marriage is directly related to age.

Back from my trip to Dehra Dun.. Again the same question is revolving in my mind.. Marriage. Met a lot of people and many of them were surprised to see me. The reason being I have been out of touch with lots of them... Lots of people were under the impression that I must have got married by now.. Being close to 30 years, I am not so young anymore...

There were surprised glances when the fact that I am still single was revealed.. It was quite hard to digest this fact... Then comes all those guesses and curiosities as to why am I still single!!! Everyone has their own opinion. Far being away from empathetic or understanding, everyone wants to know the status just to gossip and 'know' about me.... Views are many.. Is the girl very choosy?? Is the girl not upto the mark? Does the girl has high expectations? Is it that the girl does not wants to marry? Is she going around with someone?

Everyone has their own opinion and the kind of questions that are put forward, make me realise that I dont have to answer them. Whatever has happened, I am aware of it. Why is the girl always put on stake? Why does the girl has to bear the brunt of not being married? Why the fault is always found in the girl? Many find it hard to believe that there are men who have high expectations.

Its not me who has rejected anyone. If the boys have high hopes and if they want someone like Aishwarya Rai, I cant help it. I am not like her and dont want to be and cant be.. I fail to understand that why everyone associates age with the marriage.. Agree that I am growing old but that does not mean I should be held responsible for not being married till now... I really dont understand why our society cant let the person live peacefully, if he or she is alone!!!

3 comments:

Abhijit said...

very well written post. absolutely heartfelt! :-)

BTW, may I know your good name? You always add comments to my picture, but I still don't know your name and where you stay. Thanks for visiting my blog.

pilot-pooja said...

Quite true!

Indian sociey needs to change its mental set up very badly.
Hope things are much better for the generations ahead!

Keep up the courage and you will surely shine with your brave thoughts!
Good day!

Achilles said...

...

... eh! dear Soulmate ...

... i have written something ... for You ...
... n it comes in reference to ... Your ... ' Marriage is directly related to age. ' ...

... to read ... just visit my page ... ... ... n to reach there ... well, just click on my ID ... n You would be on the right trail ... :) ...

... with best wishes ... Achilles ( ... Chandigarh ).

...