Thursday, August 02, 2007

Home Sick

Off late, I am missing my hometown a lot... I have been to Dehra Dun only once in the last 5-1/2 years and that was also for only 3 days... My major part of the life is spent there... Therefore I have some wonderful memories attached to it. I have grown up there. Being educated there. Infact Dehra Dun gave me my first job when I was still studying. I made some of my best friends in that city... A place where I dont feel scared to go out alone at any time... A place where I would like to settle down sometime in my life....

My reason could be any... I have decided to go next weekend.. To combine it with a upcoming holiday of Independence Day makes it even more wonderful... I get full 5 days to spend there.. I shall meet my old friends, relatives, my previous boss, colleagues... My list has already started of what all I plan to do there... I know that its been raining for the past quite a few days in Doon so the weather would be at its best....

I pray that my trip turns out to be as good as I think it to be...

1 comment:

Achilles said...

...

ah! dehradun ... i love it since i was still a child ... n `a place where ... one day i would love to grow old ... at ...

... n dear soulmate, for who knows ... may be, ... we may meet ... (then atleast) ... n go out together for the evening walks ... holding hands ... ( ... ooopppsss i mean ... our walking sticks ) ... n sharing matters related to the Heart ( oh! the medical prescription details, probably ... or ... may be ) ... :) ... anyway, eh! cheer up ... i would still long to be there ... by Your side ... One Fine Day ... ... ... i 'll wait ...

...