Monday, July 02, 2007

Nostalgic

Its been almost 12 years since I passed out of school. The other day while I spoke to a cousin of mine who is quite young to me, I was reminded of my good old days in school.. Somehow I remembered the school song as well.. My first day in school flashed in front of me... First day in the assembly and I didnt know the school song.. While everybody sang it, I remained silent and thinking that I should learn it that day itself.. Back home, the first thing that I did was to learn the song which I love to sing even now.

How fair is the far spreading vale of the Doon,
In clear sparkling sunshine or darkling monsoon,
But the spot we love best of the beauty spots there,
Is St. Joseph's the pride of the valley so fair.

She calls us to loyalty, honour, and truth,
To wear Joseph's lily bright blameless youth.
And e'en to old age may her lessons remain,
To live our lives bravely and die without stain.

Let our voices ring out o'er the Doon's verdant vale,
In a jubilant shout, as we tell the proud tale,
Of the name and the fame of the best school of all
Of our dear Alma mater, and answer her call.

So Academicians in work and in play,
You'll swiftly and happily pass each glad day,
Of the years bright and brief that will end all to soon,
In St. Joseph's the pearl of the vale of the Doon.

Composed by: Brother S.J. Darcy
Music by: J. L. D'Souza

No comments: