Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Horo(r)scope

Like most of the people around the world, I need to have a look at the newspaper as the first thing in the morning... While I go through it, reading whats going in and around the world, my Mom is watching TV... Yeah, early in the morning at around 7:30 a.m..... She watches daily horoscope without fail....

Most of the predictions that the astrologer makes never turns out to be true. He predicts the day sun-sign wise and also for those whose birthday falls on that day. To top it all, he even predicts the day number wise e.g. if your birth date is number 25 then your lucky number would be 2+5 = 7... Amazing... A guy out there knows everything about your day whereas you wonder about your day....

I personally dont believe in watching or reading horoscopes.. But the way everyone else seems to be interested in them, amuses me... They all know that 90% of what is told is not true and shall not come true.. Still they listen to it, as if the whole action would be decided on its basis... But one thought still crosses my mind. The astrologers who predict others' future, do they know about their future. I totally agree that there are stars, supernatural powers that guide and make our lives.. But to be totally dependent on them does not seem right to me....

Destiny does play a major part in our lives and I dont think it can be changed... If everyone knows about their future in advance, will this world not come to an end.. Dont you think that there will be excitement left in this world.. I have nothing against astrology but to be ruled by it, does not make sense to me....

2 comments:

DJ said...

I just read your post and must disagree with some of your "facts".
Astrology is not a fortune telling device. There is no such thing that I know of, as God created us with free will, which makes predicting the future impossible.
Yet it is a tool, that can be utilized as a guide on the soul's journey throughout this lifetime. It can show your weaknesses and strengths, it can forecast probabilities and possibilities. We check the weather forecast before making plans to go to the beach. There are astrologers who distort the image of astrology, just like there are Christians that distort the image of Jesus Christ. Don't judge Astrology based on supposition.
DJ Burnside
djburnside@carolina.rr.com

Soulmate said...

I am not judging astrology based on supposition. I have written what I have observed. You are most welcome to disagree with that. If you read carefully, what I have written is about a few things which people tend to believe blind-foldedly.. Thats what amuses me and makes me wonder.
The way the weather changes these days, I dont even check the weather forecast before going out.. :-)