Monday, July 09, 2007

Colors - Likes & Disllikes

Being so particular about colors, often lands me in a confusing situation. Most of the times people are not able to understand the exact shade that I want.. Then I have to explain the color by linking it to something.. Sometimes it gets really difficult.. The reason behind all this is, not all the colors suit me.. Also I have color preferences and cant wear just about any color that comes my way....

So when I go shopping and tell the shopkeeper very frankly that please dont show me anything that has even traces of black or brown color, they have a surprise look on their face... No matter how beautiful, graceful, elegant the stuff may look, but if it has even traces of black or brown color, I'll reject it then and there itself... There are no two thoughts about it.. I have quite a strong dislike about black color stuff... The reason for such dislike is, I find black boring, dull, gloomy, lifeless, sad... That means any dull color is not my choice... I like colors that are bright, cheerful, lively, pleasant e.g. red, white, pink, yellow, blue, mauve, peach....

People who want to wear black, they can go ahead and wear it... But I dont want to be pressurized for wearing it.. This is the only reason that I dont have anything in black.. be it shoes, sandals, bag, purse, jeans, t-shirts, suits, sarees, shirts... There is nothing that has even traces of black... Its not surprising for me, when people look at me in disbelief that I dont like black color and I have nothing in it.. Its hard for them to believe.... I am being forced by friends to wear it but nothing changes my decision....

Those who like it, go ahead and buy it... Nothing attracts my attention that has black color in it.. Even when I buy stuff for my home, it will not have anything black... I dont consider it a bad omen nor do I have anything against those people who have this skin color, since that is God gifted.. There is no bias around it... Its just when it comes to buying stuff, I will not go for black... Call me mad or insane, but thats how I am....

On the contrary, anything that is in white shall catch my attention... I am not saying that I'll buy anything in white but yes, I'll look at it and then decide whether I want to go ahead for it or not... Same goes for colors like pink, red, blue, yellow, orange, rust, cream, mauve... Even the shades of these colors have to be bright and not dull otherwise they shall not be picked up by me... Quite fussy I am about the colors and I dont mind even a bit.... After all, its my choice.... Right!!!

2 comments:

The Sober Poet said...

Hope ur hair are black yet...or have u colored them Red,Blue and Purple??? Hehhehehehhahahaha

Soulmate said...

Mr. Poet... dont worry.. My hair is still black.. and you shall never get a chance to see them in red, blue or purple color... Only natural color for me...