Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Being Lonely

Close to 30 and still alone and lonely.. Sounds a little scary and discomforting at times... Thats the truth of my life... All my friends, even those who are a year or two younger to me, have someone with them... There are some who have gone through the cycle of marriage twice... May be its the destiny... As a child I had not thought that I would be this lonely even after I grow up...

I may have many friends but there is a limit to it. After a certain point people move on... The friendship still remains but the priorities change... Its not just about friends but when I see my cousins who are younger to me by 7-8 years, I wonder... They all seem to go ahead and settle down while I am still waiting for someone.... I have not at all been choosy, still I am left alone.. I, myself, feel awkward in many situations and this is one of the reasons to avoid big gatherings... People have no business but to talk why am I not settled till now...

I have no answer to anyone's questions and that's because of the fact, I dont know the answer myself... I will be wrong if I say that I dont feel the pinch of being alone.. I also want to be with someone whom I can care for, who will love me.. Someone I will look forward to when I go home.. The very fact that I am still lonely, does gets on my nerves sometimes...

I remember my days while I was in college... My Mother was very keen that I should settle down soon after I complete my studies.. I can take up a job if I wanted to... But the twist of the destiny!!! I landed up with a very good job in hand, as soon as I finished my studies... Its been almost 7 years... Still she is struggling to settle me down... Seems like unreal to me sometimes... I had also never thought that I would be close to thirty and still lonely.....

3 comments:

The Sober Poet said...

Itz always the scenario "grass is greener on the other side" A married person would write a similar blog stating why he/she is married as soon as they were out of college..they hardly saw life...Be happy with ur status, since itz only u who can bring happiness/grief to urself and "noone" else!!!! SOLITUDE IS BLISS!!

Soulmate said...

I had never wanted to be married as soon as I was out of college.. But its high time... There is a right time for everything and its gradually passing by with no hopes!!!
Not always Solitude is Bliss!!! Trust me...

pilot-pooja said...

hey Dear Soulmate!!

If you had been married, you wouldn't have been so active on blog!!!!

I can understand the situation your parents must be going thru..
But something real good will knock at ur door sooner or later..
Its just that Gód has fixed a time for every good or not so good thing to happen!!

Cheers!
God bless everyone!