Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Scary Me...

Today morning as I opened the door to pick up the newspaper(my eyes were still not fully open), I noticed something on the floor. Quickly I shut the door. My first thought was I had imagined. There is nothing.. Opened the door a little bit to check.. No... There is something and I didnt imagine... A tiny-winy lizard... God!!!! What do I do now??? My eyes were wide open now... They can never escape my eyes, no matter where they are and how small they are...

I shut the door again... One loud scream and Mom came running... Told her that there is a lizard at the door and I cant open it... She knows what my condition becomes when I see that creeping creature... Its not that she is not scared but I am even worse.... With much coaxing, she made me get the broom and she got a stick.. Didnt have the courage to open the door... Prayed a hundred times before I finally l managed to.... The moment the door opened, that tiny creature jumped out of the door and it was out of the sight..... Phew!!! I heaved a sigh of relief...

I dont know what is it about the reptiles that scares me to the death? Ever since I was a kid, I am scared of them... Either the lizard or I can stay in the same house... Come summers, I have tough time going out... There can a lizard in the corridor, staircase, behind anything and beneath everything.... All the doors and windows are shut... They are never left open, no matter how hot it is....

As a kid, I used to scream at the top of my voice... My brother knew about this weakness of mine.. As troublesome younger brothers are, he used to catch a lizard and bring it near me to scare me... I used to scream, shout, run around with Mom, Grandfather scolding me and my brother but to no vail..... My brother would not listen to me if I asked him to get the lizard out of the house.. I literally had to bribe him with a chocolate or doing his project to get that BIG task done...

One sight of lizard and I am half dead... My eyes will be fixed on it- to see where it moves, when will it go... I cannot concentrate on anything if there is a lizard in the house... I come back to normal only when the lizard is out of the house.. Summers are fine but without these creatures... I am still looking for a place where there are no lizards no matter, what season of the year is....

3 comments:

Achilles said...

.

... ' WoW ... that was excellent ' ... n this compliment comes about that beautiful little 'Scary ...' (i am talking about the article ... i suppose) ...

... all this time, when ever(if ever) she refered to (about) ... Your writings ... 'she' would normally praise ..., n look at me expectantly ... to close the line.
... n to be true ... whatever i ... ever thought about it ... (i just kept that to myself ...least 'she' may feel 'not so good' for 'she' somewhere felt Inspired by You)
... so i would normally skip the hidden query in her praise ... by just acknowledging ... with the following words ... " well, she writes a lot ..." ( n a fullstop ).

... however, when i read You today ... i think i can safely 'go beyond' my that line ... n include ... " ... hmmm, it seems ... she can ... write well ... too ..." (to conclude).

... n on third thoughts ...
... God arrives in all forms ... n it could also be that ... this time ... 'He' arrived right at Your door step ... n form of ... 'Your Imaginery' little creature ...
... not to scare You ... but to inspire You ... to explore inside ... ( fears all around ... do i have space for more ... ??? ) ... ( We All Have ... our own 'very special' ones ).
... n that was to urge You to bring out some ... n allowing them to vanish into the thin air ... as You punched down those keystrokes ... ... ... n finally to help You ...
... ' fill the unforgiving minute With sixty seconds' worth of distance run ' ... (this last line ... quoted from Rudyard Kipling's 'If') ...

... ... ... Bravo ... n ... Keep Writing ... ... ...

Soulmate said...

Thanks for visiting the blog and putting the comments....

Achilles said...

.

... well, 'i' must add this, (to my comments above ... n) to be read as a part of it ...

... where ever there is a reference to 'i' ... well that should be read as (to mean) ... 'my selfconceit' ...
... n where ever 'she' appears ... it always means (should be construed as ... refering to) ... 'my intellect' ...

(how so ever little or un.important 'she' (my intellect) may appear ... however 'she' is still there ... (eh! seriously) ... )

... on first second n third ... infact on every thought ... i must say ... You write exceptionally well ... keep writing ...

.