Monday, May 07, 2007

Drive

Ask me to drive a car and I shall run away a mile from you.. Ask me to ride a Kinetic and I shall happily take you around the world. What is there with driving the car that scares me to death? I can easily ride a two-wheeler, but when it comes to driving a car, I have cold feet. Looking at people around me, I am sure I am only one of the few who is scared to drive. I was coaxed to learn driving last year so much that I had to join the driving school. A month long lessons happened... After that, I did drive for few days with a driver next to me... Now I am back to square one. Ask me to drive again and I shall be scared. I have this general feeling that if I drive I will definitely bang into someone. I dont understand the concept of changing the gears, half clutch, half break... When I try to apply breaks, the car never stops... It still moves... Driving a car is just not meant for me. I really wonder how do people drive the car... I know that once I learn driving, life would be so easy for me... I will not have to wait for anyone to take me around. I will be independent. I muster all the courage and sometimes try to take the steering in my hand.. Then, the terror strikes.... I leave it and sit next to the driver's seat and wait for someone to take me around...

I dont know whether I shall be able to overcome this fear ever..

3 comments:

Achilles said...

.

oh! God ... this soul writes well ... (especially this one)

.

hey! ... Soulmate (well, as to whose ... i really don't know ... LoL)
...
... anyway ... so, You tried learning ... (to drive a car) ...
n really could not ... hmmm ...

eh! Soulmate, ... have You ever thought ... that this may not be something about fear ... but instead ... something about Your interest ...
... i have been reading You (for quite a while) n You seem to be intelligent (to some extent)... so the truth may be ... that, the day You really 'wish' to learn driving ... 'You will learn' ... (n about fears ... they would simply vanish into thin air).

...it all depends on the interest, n that is something that comes from within...

... n if still apprehensive about ... just try this ... ask a child who has recently learned to write alphabets/numerals ... just ask her ... as to how she felt about the whole thing ... did she ever feel like ... " oh! i can never learn all this " ... n now she can write so well ...
... n just notice the glow on her face as she shares all this with You ... she would enlighten You ...

...otherwise too, eh! soulmate ... if You are thinking about it ... well, i would say ...
... 'just go ahead ... learn it' ...
...for it would add wings to You (...r flights ov fantasy) ...

_______________________________________

Soulmate said...

Well, its not that I am not interested in driving. But it gives me cold feet when I start.. I need to overcome the fear...

Achilles said...

.

i believe ...
... we are all born free (of the fears) ...
... n along the way ... we inherit some ...

n to be true ...
... i always carried (may be it still exists) this fear of great heights ... n ... now i am into mountaineering ... fear may still be there somewhere ... however, i really Love to climb n this feeling is far more stronger ... that it conquers all (fears) ...
n now when i am out there ... i virtually know no fears
.

i felt, the most interesting part ... in your ' write up ' was ... where You mentioned ... about the ... " complexity of changing gears n that ... applying the breaks ... n still, the damn thing moves ... "
ha ha ha ... hey! believe me ... it happens with all ov us ... seriously ...

...just try this ...
(n i won't say take care ... 'cause i know ... for nothing is gonna happen) ...
... take along a qualified instructor... n often venture out to an open n a level ground (with no one in sight) ... fire the engines n drive as if Your are taking a selection test to be a part of the 'trans-Himalayan car rally' ... just push the pedals hard n churn the steering wheel... to the extent that You can feel the adrenaline rush through ... the mind ... just go zip zap zoom ... n sometimes, halt screechingly ... stop for a while ... n contemplate ... the whole experience ... n start again ... You would discover Your increased ability to handle the machine ... gradually coming in your grip ... n eventually You would find the fears fading away ...
.
...well, this is just to overcome the fears (if any) ... stare into their face n they would take to their heels ...
...otherwise, while on road ... well, i expect You to drive as gracefully as You write ...
... for i too really wish to live for some more ...


... feel Inspired, ...Always ... n keep writing ...
_____________________________________________