Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Winter has set in..

Morning is cold. There is a slight chill in the air. There is a nip in the air and can feel the cold air hitting my body and making me shiver. I shrink while I work, wash, clean. Want to be near the toaster for a long time. Water is chilly and it feels like thousands of needles are piercing me when I try to put my hand in it. Sun has become mild. Warm rays of sun feel so good when I am out unlike in the month of May or June. Leaves have become golden, yellow, brown. Hardly see any flowers around me. People are trying to cover themselves from the chill air by sweaters, jackets, pullovers, jumpers, shawls, coats...

All the half-sleeves and sleeveless clothes are packed and warm clothes are out in the sun. They all smell of the napthalene balls which I dont like. Few things that I do like about winters are oranges, peanuts, basking in the sun, taking long walks wearing jackets and feel that chill air on my nose, warm boots, warm duvets, spending the evening next to fire lit in the fire place( we had that in our house in Dehra Dun), shaking hands with someone whose hands are warm(mine are always cold), holding a cup of hot coffee(even though I'll not drink it), gajar ka halwa, sleeping till late in the morning since the sun has not yet risen. Not writing about the dislikes since I dont want to..

Good-bye sweaty, sticky, hot summers.

No comments: