Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Happy Rakshabandhan

Today is Rakhi and like every other year, I am not tying rakhi on my brother's wrist. I still dont know the exact reason but what I have been told is that in my father's family this day is not celebrated... So I have grown up just wishing my brother this day... The biggest festival of brother/sister relationship is not celebrated in my house... But that does not lessen the love and comfort that I and my brother share....

I used to tie rakhis to my cousins which I have been doing since the day they were born... I miss the days spent when I was in Doon and my cousins used to come over.. They had their demands placed well before as to what would they like to eat and what kind of rakhi would they want.... And I used to be so happy fulfilling their small wish... My Mother used to make all good delicacies and I used to even put 'mehendi' a day before... It was a kind of celebration.. New clothes, mithai, kheer, holiday.... Now nothing of all this is done anymore in Gurgaon... The only thing that still remains is wearing new clothes and wishing my brother through phone.... No cousins here and no celebrations here..... Rakhis are sent by post which are sometimes acknowledged and most of the times not.....

Still I get the feeling of festivity on this day and be happy.....

1 comment:

mar00ned said...

Thanks for stopping by and the comment on my blog.

I click pictures in color and then I convert them to BW on my PC. You can use Picasa which is easy to use, to do it ... or you can use something heavy like GIMP or Photoshop to do it.