Friday, August 11, 2006

Delhi Half Marathon

So the event has come up again... One can decide how far he/she wants to run: 21 km/7 km/4.3 km... The event is organized for a social cause and I am quite keen to take part in it... But I guess I will not be able to do so,considering the fact that now I wait to gasp breath after walking briskly for just 100 meters and God only knows what will happen if I run for such a long distance.... The sitting job of a software engineer makes our muscles so rigid that we find it difficult even to walk for half a kilometer....

I remembered my school days when I came to know about the event. We used to have marathon race in school as well and we used to run for about 5 kms or so... Those days even though I was not the winner but I used to participate every year and finish the race... Running all the way till Rajpur was fun... By the end of it, we were dead tired but it was worth it.... I guess the spirit is more important than the winning..

Here I am writing this post and wondering whether I will be able to participate in this half marathon or not!!!

2 comments:

Mrigank Vallabh said...

Dear Poonam, I am running the 7KM run in Delhi Half Marathon. A stupid drunkard like me who is lazy like a duck can do it, then you should think better of yourself. All it needs is a lot of determination and a little planning for the training, and then Training as per the plan. Do register yourself, I'll be glad to provide any help you might need.

Soulmate said...

Hey Mrigs, Will sure try to participate in it and I know for sure that I can rely on you for any guidance/help...