Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Going Home

Finally I am going to my hometown on the coming weekend after a long gap of 4-1/2 years.... Am so excited and at the same time, I am nervous. I have mixed feelings. I am a little nostalgic too.. Will be visiting my relatives, friends, city, school, college after a long time.. There are so many things that I want to do... I want to catch up with all my friends, meet all the relatives, go to all the places where I used to when I was living there, go and meet my teachers, visit my school(which I have heard has changed a lot). On top of it, I have heard that the city itself has changed so much that I will not be able to recognize it. It has grown area wise, population wise and it has developed. Who would have thought that one day Pizza Hut, McDonald's, Cafe Coffee Day, Barista, Lakme and a host of other brand names will be available in a small city like Dehra Dun... I am looking forward to my visit. May be I am too excited to express it in words. The decision was made all of a sudden and I am very happy about it. I will be back in those mountains, roads for three days..... :-))

Trying to control the butterflies in my tummy....

2 comments:

Zona said...

Dehradoon ,
i have not been there for long , just stoped there on the way to mussori , couldnt stop in there .

i hear its a great place, wanted to visit the IMA , may b someday ill see that place and the forese institute ..

do let us know ur experiences in there ,,

Soulmate said...

Yes it is a very nice place... do visit it whenever you can.. I had a lovely holiday... shall write about it soon...