Monday, July 10, 2006

The FIFA world cup ends.....

Finally the world cup ended!!! Even though am not a fan of soccer but still tried to keep myself abreast of the latest happening in the soccer. I had betted on Brazil at the beginning of the tournament. But alas !! Brazil was out.. Then I thought France would win the world cup.. Sadness again!!! Another sad part was Zidane was given red card... This was his last world cup and not a good way to exit from the game... The match started off nicely with Zidane scoring a goal in the penalty shoot out barely after 6 minutes. Italy made the score to level when Materazzi shot a goal in the 17th minute. Finally it was Italy who won the world cup beating France 5-3 in the penalty shoot-out after a draw in Berlin....

Good part is that the soccer is over since I am not interested in it even a bit and wherever I went in the past one month, all I could find was people talking about soccer.... :))

No comments: