Monday, July 03, 2006

Coming back home

The kind of job that we people are into, takes us to different places. Thanks to our onsite requirement, we get a chance to travel abroad. I have seen that it happens with most of us that once we go there, we tend to settle down there. We were supposed to be there for 6 months, then it gets extended for another 6 months, then another 6 months. Eventually we all land up being a citizen of that country. Even though we keep on telling ourselves, that one day we will go back to our country, but it never happens. Probably, the money, quality of life lures us to stay away from our country. We end up staying there forever and becoming a part of it, get dissolved somewhere in the other country which was a stranger to us sometime back.

The other day while watching Swades for the nth time, this thought struck me. Specially the song:
ye jo des hai tera
swades hai tera
tujhe hai pukara
ye woh bandhan hai jo kabhi toot nahi sakta.

I become emotional everytime I hear this song. When I went to South East Asia on a holiday, within 10 days I was home sick. I started missing my country, my people, my house, food, potholes, pollution, warmth, affection.. A friend of mine who was in Australia for the past 1-1/2 years told me that if she doesnt come back to India now, she will not be able to come back later as well... I am sure she said that with the experience she gained with her stay there.

I believe I cannot stay away from my India for too long as well... I love it too much.....

1 comment:

Zona said...

its true ,
the whole world knows indians potential and they (except india ) make use of indians ,
whereas out stupid politicians run after to fill their pockets than the development or things to keep indian brains inside the country and make use of it .

Well when u have gone to singapore u must have observed the airport in there its been modified again putting on another line , in there the politicians and the Govt take measures which will b needed 10 yrs from now ,

INdia has great potential and its in the hands of those moron politicians who decide what stupid decision has to b taken to make india still struggling to shone .