Tuesday, June 20, 2006

So Near Yet So Far....

Yesterday evening my phone beeped to tell me that I have received a sms. It was from my school friend who also happens to my closest friend till now.... I had not spoken to her, met her or sms' her for the past 2 months. I understand that she has her own family, kid, job to look after.. Then I also get busy with myself and my so called boring life. She and I have been friends for the last 16 years... We have literally grown up together.. Have been with each other in the happy moments, sad moments...

She and I used to sit on the last bench in the class purposely. We could have a look at the whole class. Everyone was envious of our seat specially the guys since they wanted to bunk the class and our seat was perfect for it, though we never bunked any class. After finishing our school, we used to go to college together.. God only knows how much time we have spent talking on our way to college.... Our college timings were from 8:00 a.m. and in winters specially in a place like Dehra Dun, it was a pain going to college so early. I used to reach her house by 7:15 a.m. and we used to walk down to the college. There used to be hardly anyone on the road at that time. She and I walked right in the middle of the road, talking and laughing. If someone looked at us, why are we walking in the middle, dirty looks were passed on!!! Reach college and bask in the sun since there was no space in the class to sit.. Spent couple of hours in the sun and the college time is over.. 10 a.m. and we are back on our walk towards home.... We shared everything with each other... There is some kind of bonding between us. Even now when we dont meet each other or talk so often, it is there.

She has always been there for me and I am always there for her. We can call each other even in the middle of the night. I still remember that she told me first about her good friend and then when she was about to get married. Times have changed since then but nothing has changed in our friendship and bonding.. We are still very close even though we may not be staying so close... I miss her and my good old days spent with her....

1 comment:

Zona said...

its true ,
friends r precious ,
my life has taken me to different places , 7 yr schooling in one place and college in another place , and i miss my friends , sometime it make me think that , ill never b with my close friends for a long time as the places change due to some reasons .

there r few friends who have stood by me during very bad times of mine , and they r now miles away , and it again make me think the same that ill have friends and will never b able to b with them for a long time .

dont know where all is going to end ..