Thursday, May 18, 2006

More than a decade....

Its been more than a decade since I am out of school, 11 years to be precise. But it seems just like yesterday. Just a few days back one of my cousin speaking about his anxiousness to know his results. My school days flashed in a spur of moment in front of me. How I wish I was in school again!!! The only thing that I had in my mind at that time was my studies.. Nothing else. It didnt matter to me how the other class fellow is performing, what does future has in store for me, when and how will I get married, what will I do in my life, which college will I go to, what industry will I get into, how much money will I earn!!! God, those were such blissful days.

I used to sit on the last bench in my class with another friend of mine. We were the only two girals sitting on the last bench. Rest of the girls used to sit in the front where the classroom started and we sat where the classroom ended. How boys used to envy our seat since it was the perfect place for them to escape, if needed. Infact other girls used to think that how can we manage alone on the last bench. The reality is that sitting on the last bench had its own advantages. We could see what all is going on in the class and who is playing what pranks on others. Also it brought I and my friend so close to each other that we are still good friends and remember our good old days. The endless talks I used to have with her during free periods or zero periods.. I still miss them...

Hindi period used to be fun period again. Around 90% of the class used to leave to attend Maths class in the other section. The period used to be just before the lunch break but the tiffins used to be already out.. Aah!!! the smell of those parathas and achaar...... It used to be yum!!! Even our teacher had a doubt that we girls eat tiffin during her period. When she caught us one day, we offered her as well. She just smiled and didnt say anything. Ofcourse I knew that she likes me since I used to score one of the highest marks in Hindi.

I still remember one of the incident distinctively. It happened in Class XII. A boy from our section and another section had a fight in the football ground. The boy from my section was suspended since he was quite notorious and the other one was not, probably because he was one of the toppers. The whole of our section did a revolt. We even named it Revolt of 1995. We refused to study. Our demand was either suspend the other boy or get the boy from our section back to school. At the same time the other section also revolted against the indiscipline in school. As far as I remember this happened for 2-3 days. Those were fun days. No studies. Our class was locked. Finally, after few warnings, we had to get back to study.

I wish I could get back to school again!!!! Those were the best days of my life.....

2 comments:

Zona said...

we had a rotation system of sitting and we had to wait our turn to get the back seats ...

it wasnt much fun ,cos the class strength was low and our campus was top of a hill so silent that u could talk with a person 200 m without much effort during a normal day .

Soulmate said...

the rotation system was placed but nobody followed it.. Guess everyone was too much in love with their desks...