Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Appraisal

Its that time of the year when we have to prove that we deserve that much awaited promotion, bonus, raise, rating, that we are the best performer, we exceeded the expectation. Phew!!! Sometimes its really difficult to prove all these. Moreover a person like me who does not boast around about the good work done, finds it more complex. Guess this happens with many people in many organisations. I dont even pen down the good work done. Whatever I have done till now, have learnt it on my own. There was no one to guide me, coach me, mentor me. I had my share of pitfalls, escalations but then came out of them alone. Not sure what will I say in my appraisal. The way things have been for the last 6 months, I am not expecting any good rating. Dont know what my PM has to say about me.

I also think that work is affected by our day to day lives as well many times. If we have problems at home, in our personal life, somewhere or ther other it does affects our work. At that back of our mind, we tend to think about the other problem and we are not able to deliver the best.

I always try to keep my personal life away from my professional life. But sometimes I am not able to do so. I am a human being and I am bound to get affected. I cant detach me from myself. So at the end of it, when I am tensed, my work suffers due to which my appraisal, which affects my rating and then the raise that I am expecting!!!!

A vicious circle (something about which I read in economics in school)........

2 comments:

Zona said...

yet to experience ur situation ,and may nevr cos planning to into a different field where these doenst come into play ..

Soulmate said...

Appraisals are a different experience and I think they are good in their own ways