Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Meeting a Stranger

How do we decide whether we should meet a person whom we have never seen before, about whom we dont know much, who is a total stranger, nobody knows about this person? Am really confused as to what should be done. I have an internet friend who has become quite a good friend. Now we are in the same city and he says that we two should meet. Whatever I know of the person is that he is a nice person. He even tried to help me when I was looking for a change in job. Still I am quite hesitant to meet. May be because of my past experiences. People change their views and sometimes they stop talking as well. I agree that people who do this are not worthy enough to be called as friends. Looks should not be a criteria to make anyone a friend. But then sometimes it is better to be friends without meeting, seeing, talking to each other. Atleast we have the feeling of having someone somewhere as 'MY' friend.

Am still wondering whether I should meet or not!!

6 comments:

mar00ned said...

Just go ahead and meet the guy. Decide/judge only after you have met the person. You dont lose anything by meeting new people and making new friends.

Soulmate said...

I agree that there is no harm in meeting new people. We are already friends. The only hitch that I have is, is it ok to meet someone whom I have never met before. I have seen people change their views after meeting.

mar00ned said...

Leave your pre-conceived notions at home, go and meet the guy. I dont see any harm done to you, even if the guy changes his views.

Soulmate said...

Point noted and agreed upon. Thanks for it. :) Will definitely meet whenever I get a chance to do so.

Zona said...

so what happent did u meet the guy ???

Soulmate said...

No , I could not meet him since he had already left by then.. May be some other time...